Classification: Full-time with Benefits, Exempt, Hybrid
Location: Mountain View
We are looking for a highly skilled Salesforce Administrator / Technical Lead to join our team. This person will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing Salesforce solutions to align with the goal of integrating all technology systems into the business ecosystem to deliver maximum value to CHM in terms of growth, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. The admin provides hands-on design and development. This is a perfect role for someone who understands how to work independently but collaborates on requirements gathering and creating alignment across multiple internal teams. This person will work cross-functionally with stakeholders to understand business requirements, design, and develop solutions, and ensure the successful delivery of Salesforce projects. If you do not fill all the qualifications, you may still be considered depending on your level of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead IT administrator of Salesforce responsible for roadmap and architecture including configuration, user management, report generation, version planning, licensing, and platform upgrades.
- Lead the technical planning and requirements gathering phases for Salesforce projects.
- Develop Salesforce dashboards, interfaces, database functions, and platform modules.
- Responsible for the design of Salesforce integration framework for real-time/batch integration with internal systems and external cloud apps.
- Serve as technical admin of associated systems as needed such as ticketing, fundraising, and finance systems
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the Museum and translate that knowledge into recommended solutions in Salesforce that enable CHM to achieve its goals.
- Propose, develop, and implement solutions while managing competing needs from internal stakeholders.
- Be hands-on while also providing guidance to team members on technical architecture, integration, and design decisions.
- Develop and maintain data models and data integration strategies to ensure consistent and accurate data collection and reporting across Salesforce and related systems.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that Salesforce solutions are aligned with overall enterprise architecture, IT strategies, and business needs.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation such as solution design documents, integration diagrams, and data models.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders on the maintenance and development of the Museum’s standard operating procedures related to Salesforce and associated systems.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the Salesforce platform and associated technologies to ensure a best-in-class operating environment.
- Responsible for developing end-user training materials and training / system onboarding of new hires.
- Supporting Museum colleagues by attending staff meetings (when requested), understanding their goals, and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Salesforce admin tools, such as data loading tools, automation tools, and debug tools (data loading tools including data loader, data import wizard, automation tools like low, and data tools like Salesforce Workbench).
- Experienced in developing and implementing custom system integrations between Salesforce and other systems using technologies such as REST, SOAP, and middleware platforms.
- Experienced in troubleshooting custom integrations.
- Ability to work independently.
Required Background, Experience, Skills, and Education
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, engineering, information technology, information systems, software engineering, nonprofit administration, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years in a Salesforce administration role.
- Current Salesforce certifications (Administrator/Advanced Administrator, Platform Developer 1 or 2, App Builder, Sales/Service Cloud), multiple certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud and Nonprofit Success Pack.
- Experience working in/with the nonprofit sector with an understanding of fundraising and membership principles is key to success in this role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively, articulate your thoughts clearly.
- Presentation skills: The ability to communicate effectively with others both individually and in front of an audience including the ability to organize your thoughts and deliver a message clearly.
- History of successfully managing vendors and partners to ensure requirements are delivered to standard.
- Strong working knowledge of integration practices and procedures for systems such as Zapier, MuleSoft, NetSuite, Word Press, Soapbox, Eventbrite, Planning Pod, payment systems, ticketing system, collections management system, digital asset system.
- Ability to occasionally work outside regular business hours for Salesforce projects, events, and/or problem resolution.
- Maintain a high level of aptitude, be eager to learn, and seek critical feedback as a means for improvement.
- CHM operates under a hybrid work schedule that includes remote and in person work at our museum in Mountain View, CA. Candidates for this position must reside in the area or be willing to relocate or commute as needed.
- CHM is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: $85,000–$95,000 annually.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and email to email@example.com. Please be sure to add the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.