Classification: Full-time with Benefits, Non-Exempt, Onsite
Location: Mountain View
The Museum’s Retail Services Associate is responsible for handling various sales activities in the Museum store, including facilitating purchases and returns, identifying customer needs, presenting and answering questions about Museum store products, and recommending solutions. They are primarily responsible for ensuring customers have a positive and productive experience while in the Museum store by assisting customers and keeping the store looking clean, orderly, and well-stocked. Under the direction of the Retail and Merchandising Manager, they may also write reports or handle inventory and deliveries.
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting and interacting with customers
- Address customer questions about specific products/services
- Build rapport through conversation and honest recommendations
- Perform sales and manage returns using the Point-of-Sale (POS) system
- Maintain knowledge of current store promotions and merchandise features
- Maintain displays, restock merchandise and have general knowledge of stock levels
- Maintain Museum policies and procedures in security, loss prevention, health and safety
- Perform opening and closing procedures as provided by the finance team including reports and proper use of the safe
- Support high standards of visual appearance and cleanliness of the store
- Assist with physical inventory, as well as new merchandise receiving and pricing as directed by Store Manager
- Coordinate with Museum services team members to provide excellent customer service (especially during peak hours)
- Assist with special lecture/events sales as needed
- Cross-train to assist as a Guest Services Associate when needed; maintaining Front of House (FOH) operations such as reception, ticketing, and membership sign-ups
- Responsible for entering customer information into the software system
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements, Qualifications and Education
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Customer focused, team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in retail sales or similar role
- Understanding of basic Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems, including credit card processing and accurate cash handling
- Basic math and data entry skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, in order to meet the ever-changing needs of a dynamic retail environment
- Ability to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- High school degree or equivalent
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and email to email@example.com. Please be sure to add the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. CHM provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CHM will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary Range: $20-22 per hour