- Duration is for 6 months
- 20 hours/week
CHM is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our team. The ideal applicant will possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including hands-on experience with various social media sites. We have some big needs and need someone to be monitoring social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website through keyword analysis, and contributing to our new brand changes. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
From the heart of Silicon Valley, CHM decodes technology for individuals, communities, and humanity. It is a place for preservation, connection, exploration, and conversation. CHM shares insights gleaned from its research, events, and an incomparable collection of computing artifacts and oral histories to convene, inform, and inspire people to build a better world. www.computerhistory.org
- Work with the on-site marketing team to optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of CHM’s social content
- Contribute to CHM’s editorial calendar with social media postings on a weekly and monthly basis for CHM
- Monitor analytics with the rest of the team to identify viable ideas, trends, and growth patterns
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement from our online community
- Use basic graphic design skills—including illustration, photo-editing, and layout—to create social media assets
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Research and assist in an organizational social media content strategy, including discover, planning, and testing phases
- Determine new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content
- Be a guardian and a champion of the CHM brand, ensuring consistency across every channel
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field (desired)
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing (desired)
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, résumé, three professional references, and two writing samples (optional) that showcase your ability to communicate creatively and effectively to email@example.com. Make sure that the position title is on your subject line.
LinkedIn Applicants: Please be sure to include a résumé in your profile. Thank you.