Classification: Full-time with Benefits, Non-Exempt
Location: Mountain View
The Museum Retail and Merchandising Manager manages on-site daily operations of the CHM Museum Store. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Sales and Events, the Store Manager will continually evaluate retail operations to help ensure highest guest enjoyment and experience, excellent customer services, and optimum sales.
Essential Job Functions
The Museum Retail and Merchandising Manager directly manages the Retail Associate and works closely with the Front of House Guest Associates for additional store coverages as-needed. The manager will be expected to play a role in unifying the retail activities with the greater programming trends of the Museum. As the store is positioned prominently in the museum lobby and represents the first contact many visitors will have with the museum, it is essential that the store be exemplary in appearance, competence, and courtesy.
- Executes Museum policies and procedures, which promote consistently high-quality experiences for all visitors
- Manages the Museum Store to appropriately reflect the mission of the museum while maintaining an attractive retail appearance with effective merchandise presentation
- Works with the Senior Director of Sales and Events to maintain and complete both short and long-range goals and strategies for profitable growth
- Models and reinforces positive customer service behavior for store staff. Diplomatically manages the customers needs in a timely and professional manner
- Oversees the timely opening and closing of Museum Store and scheduling of retail associate[s] both for regular museum hours and special events requiring retail presence. Works within staffing budgets in laying out personnel schedules
- Manages all existing vendor and bookseller contracts as Continually researches new vendors for fresh inventory and ensures that all merchandise is appropriately related to the
- Provides supervision of the Retail Associate including training, scheduling, discipline and performance management
- Receives all merchandise, establishes appropriate pricing and directs all displays within the Store
- Manages annual physical inventory
- Manages the organization of supplies, store fixtures and displays
- Engages vendors, administration department, and store employees to ensure merchandise is stocked, invoiced, paid, and submitted into store inventory
- Utilizes best established practices in cash handling, counting, and drawer open & close procedures
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports and data to Senior Director of Sales and Events
- Excellent communication, verbal, written and computer skills
- Well-developed organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, in order to meet the ever-changing needs of a dynamic retail environment
- Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with extensive retail/business development experience and 5 years minimum of retail management
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and email to email@example.com. Please be sure to add the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. CHM provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CHM will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Target Salary: $62,000 - $65,000