Classification: Full-time with Benefits, Non-Exempt, Onsite
Location: Mountain View
Purpose of the Position
The Guest Services Associate provides an exceptional visitor experience as a member of a versatile Front of House team that handles reception, concierge, ticketing, retail sales, and membership sign-ups & sales. Additionally, the Associate supports the overall Operations organization through participation in general office services programs, marketing initiatives, and maintenance of all safety policies and security procedures.
- Acts as the welcoming initial point of contact and concierge for all museum guests, visitors, and clients. Prioritizes excellent customer service and the visitor experience over all other tasks.
- Provides accurate and timely customer information via friendly, engaging phone support.
- Performs opening and closing functions for the front desk and the museum store through established procedures.
- Conducts ticketing sales, retail sales, and membership sign-ups & sales through use of POS systems. Handles cash and credit card transactions.
- Becomes knowledgeable about the museum, its history, exhibits, programs and special events, and communicates this information to guests.
- Maintains highest standards of both visual appearance and operability of all public spaces, including main lobby, entryways, exhibits, front desk, coat room, café area, and the museum store.
- Understands and maintains all building safety, security and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Assists in display and restock/reorder of front of house collateral and ticket package promotional items. Assists in store with pricing, restock, merchandise displays, and inventory counts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in guest services, retail sales, and/or customer services
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and collaborative team environment
- Excellent telephone, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficient; ability to use standard office equipment and perform multiple general functions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays hours as needed
- Punctual and reliable, neat, and accurate in work habits; self-starter with attention to detail
- Ability to move from place to place which may include standing and/or walking for extended periods; must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references and email to email@example.com. Please be sure to add the job title (exactly as it is spelled out in this site) that you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. CHM provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CHM will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.